The purpose of this role is to :
Achieve/exceed the stated sales/growth goals for a defined team of Sales Professionals assigned to a defined market segment & geography. The Sales Manager will increase overall sales success by managing and supporting the sales professionals deployed across one or more offices, coaching consultants in sales pursuits, and driving execution of sales processes in a given office(s).
The Sales Manager, working with their local Growth Leader(s) is the local lead in identifying, developing and supporting marketing activities including seminars, roundtables, and other speaking opportunities.
In addition, the Sales Manager will:
- Achieve growth goal for territory through close coaching/ management of SPs toward individual sales goals and coaching Consultants in support of their growth goals
- Drive execution of sales process, including SP meetings, Consultant Client Growth & Retention discussions, utilization of Miller Heiman techniques, daily SP and Consultant sales coaching
- Execute weekly SP activity reviews; regular pipeline reviews, quarterly performance assessments and monthly staff meeting progress to goal reporting.
- Report sales activity weekly to Sales Leader and OBL, including market trends/updates; review monthly progress to goals and pipeline activity
- Effectively interview, identify and ultimately motivate Sales Professionals while providing constant feedback on performance and coaching
- Build sales culture through execution of in-office wins recognition, monthly reporting at staff meetings, active participation in consultant team meetings and client growth/development initiatives
- Develop solid relationships with all local channels to maximize sales effectiveness; meet monthly to sustain success
- Implement sales strategy and lead local sales/marketing efforts in collaboration with Office Leadership; execute Marketing calendar at local level
- Monitor CRM/Pipeline data for accuracy in reporting
- Ensure active participation in identified associations, industry groups, etc in support of local branding efforts
- Actively manage under-performing team members to success. Build/maintain local network for SP candidate pipeline
- Act as arbitrator for sales credit decisions, account assignments and territory definitions as needed to ensure fairness and team equity necessary to drive sustained over-performance of the team.
Sales Coaching –
- Continuously work with individual Sales Professionals and consultants to improve win rates, pipeline adequacy and sales effectiveness skills/expertise.
- B.A. or above
- 15+ years of experience Should include significant experience as a sales professional and in business development
- Candidates must demonstrate:
- Strong individual history of initiation & production results
- Interest in managing and teaching others
- Driving team results
- Ability to work closely with consultants and channel partners
- Willingness to maintain individual production
- Appropriate insurance licensing for state(s) in which active in selling and supporting sales efforts