Sr. Process Engineer | Quincy, IL
Improve plant capacity and efficiency for all GCC Plants though capital projects and process optimization. Capital Project responsibilities will include all aspects of capital project execution from PFD and scope development to startup and personnel training. Process optimization responsibilities will include troubleshooting existing processes to improve throughput, quality and efficiency.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop processes and equipment with safety and environmental performance and compliance in mind
- Develop and implement engineering standards for all GCC plants
- Directs contractor activates during project execution
- Evaluates new processing and milling technologies
- Manages projects and supervises sub-contractors and maintenance crews
- Designs and conducts test programs for new or modified products
- Provides Engineering support to GCC customers
- Optimize existing processes and implement alternative improved technologies without affecting ongoing production
- Communicating project needs and requirements to management
- Project execution that ensures a timely and efficient manner use of capital funds
- Project execution that ensures a minimum loss of production
Decision Making Authority:
- Works on projects that are identified and prioritized by the GCC Management team
- Evaluating processing equipment
- Identifies plant process improvements
- Designs the layout of processes and processing equipment
- Accurately determines the cost of capital and makes recommendations on expenditures based on the analysis of several alternatives
Specialized Technical Knowledge/Skills: (The knowledge/skills required to perform the job’s basic responsibilities. Include education, experience and any licenses required.)
- A minimum of a 4-year engineering degree at an accredited university with at least 10 years experience in manufacturing.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD design
- Experience which includes evaluating the performance of existing and new processes, making recommendations based on these evaluations, and successfully implementing process improvements
- Must have the ability to manage time and priorities in order to effectively handle multiple competing projects with tight deadlines and budget requirements
- Ability to practice good management skills required to direct and supervise contractors
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, plan, organize, and document project requirements
- Good communication skills and team skills
- Experience in mineral processing is preferred
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time from base location to support other GCC Plants
- Must be able to read and comprehend company safety manual policies, SOP’s, MSDS, and various production schedules/ reports and engineering drawings.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Office environment – will require extensive use of a computer including keyboard, mouse and other electronic tools which will require the use both hands.
- While working in the plants, will be exposed to extreme heat, cold, humidity, dusty environment, vibrations, noise, etc.
- Must be able to climb stairs/ladders, stoop, bend, and kneel while looking at equipment.
- Must be able to be able to work at computer for several hours using both hands (taking intermittent breaks as needed) in preparation of required reports, capital project documents, completing drawings, etc
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to speak and hear to use Smart phone (talk, text and email) as needed and use a 2-way radio as needed.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel by plane and/or automobile as business requires.
- Must not be color blind (electrical requirements)
- Must be able to don required PPE – hardhat, safety glasses, steel toed shoes, hearing protection, high visibility clothing (or vest), gloves or other specialized PPE depending on the job or circumstances.