Accounting Manager in Washington, DC
- High energy and enthusiasm, with a strong commitment to exceeding client expectations.
- Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments, industries, and roles.
- Ability to learn quickly, make an immediate impact, and provide value-added service to our clients.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, displaying the ability to connect and build relationships with clients, firm leadership, & peers.
- Confidence in professional aptitude and ability to effectively convey skills, knowledge, and qualifications to clients.
- Team player with a strong desire to be an active, long-term participant in the growth of the local office and Firm overall.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and belief in the opportunities that the client offers.
- Interest and passion to get involved in other professional experiences such as Business Development and Recruiting.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification, or progress towards, is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of strong accounting experience. This includes at least 2-3+ busy seasons in external audit with a Big 4 or large Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Firm servicing large clients ($500M-$3B+ in revenues).
- Corporate accounting and/or finance experience at a large public corporation is a plus but not required.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) rules and standards.
- Strong computer desktop skills required. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (i.e., macros, pivot tables, etc.) desirable.
- Demonstrated career progression and job stability.